Thursday, August 23, 2007

A response from the CBC to my letter to Ms. Jennifer McGuire, Executive Director of Programming

Readers of this blog may recall that Ms. Jennifer McGuire, Executive Director of Programming at the CBC/Radio-Canada, was kind enough to reply to the letter that I sent to her on March 24. You may see the letter that I sent in my May 3 blog entry. Ms. McGuire sent me a reply on June 4 and I subsequently sent a second letter on June 29.

I received this letter this week. Sadly, it is merely a form letter. I was hoping for a further exchange of views with Ms. McGuire, but apparently it was not meant to be. The letter reads as follows:



August 15, 2007

Mr. J. Wooten

Dear Mr. Wooten,

Thank you for your letter of June 29, 2007 to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation regarding changes to CBC Radio 2.

We appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write and share your opinion with us. CBC welcomes all feedback about our programs; without it, we cannot remain sensitive to the needs and wants of our viewers and listeners. We have included your comments in our weekly Audience Reaction report, which is circulated weekly among all senior executives, producers and programmers at (CBC, including the President and CEO, Robert Rabinovitch.

Sincerely,

Hadley Keane
Communications Officer
CBC Audience Relations

I imagine Mr. Robert Rabinovitch is tired of hearing my opinions by now, but at least he has only a few more months to go before he is free of all this! We, on the other hand, must continue to endure the crapulent programming that now pervades CBC Radio Two.

No comments: